Ferry ride to Orcas Island - San Juan Islands


The ferry ride over to Orcas Island was about 45 minutes to 1 hour.  We had a reservations for the 8:30am ferry which is recommended as you never know how many will drive up on any given day.  We drove our car onto the bottom deck and parked.  There were only about 12 card on the massive ferry.  I was surprised as I thought there would be more people going on the ferry with us.  






All is quite on the deck as only a few of us were present.  We had the boat all to our selves.  Kind of cool that we could go anywhere and watch the trip without having a lot of people.






At one point during the trip I was outside taking photos and then there it was!  The rainbow was going from left to right covering the entire view!  I had a 70-200mm lens on the camera and was only going to be able to capture half of the rainbow.

I kept looking at the end of the rainbow and could not believe that I was seeing the end of the rainbow!!!  How many times have you wondered what is at the end of the rainbow?  Well, I can tell you that it was cool and had me looking very close hoping that I could find the pot of gold!

This rainbow was a special moment for sure as it was a #momentmatters moment!  I do not believe I have ever seen a rainbow such as this that I felt that I could almost reach out and touch it.





Another view from the ferry ride over to Orcas Island.  The rocky coast and the trees were beautiful and so green!




When the ferry landed we were greeted by signs and buildings declaring our location as Orcas!




I hope you enjoy the ride as much as we did.  More of our adventure to follow.

Enjoy!


Visit the website, www.ibishawkimages.com

Comments

Popular Posts