Scott City High School Reunion - Scott County Lake Pano






Driving home to Kansas last week from Houston to attend the Scott City High School All School Reunion, this being my 40th.  Wow, say that again and ponder the thought!  I thought anyone over the age of 30 was old, that puts me at another level!

While driving the 12 hours from Houston, the anticipation starts to build, who will I see, who have I not seen for 20 years, old friends that I grew up with. Who will not be able to attend due to family responsibilities and or healthcare issues?  I really did not know what to expect other than I really wanted to go back to see as many people that I could see and relive the memories of home.  Growing up in such a small community, everyone knows everyone else and you have pride in the success of the community.  Athletics and church were a huge part of my up bringing.  I wanted to see as many coaches during the reunion as they were being honored as well during the reunion.

We were planning to stay with my Dad Joe in his apartment along with my sister Sheri and husband Jeff along with her daughter Abby and two children.  My wife Lynette and daughter Megan with her husband Brandon came along as well.  The few day’s served as a family reunion as well.  My brother Tim, Patrina and family live in town and run the Green Haus.

As we drove into town that day, the goose bumps started to happen as well as a lump in the throat.  I have not been to town for two years.  Scott City is Home!  There is a quote from the Wizard of Oz, “There is no place like home”!   I truly believe that!  Some things have changed, but it is still home!

Anyone that knows me understands that I will want to spend some time taking photos of Scott City and the surrounding area.

Well, the Scott County Lake is such a fabulous place in Kansas—I told Patrina, I had to take some images.  She was up to the challenge as well and loaded me up into the car for an evening drive around the lake to see what we could capture in this Kansas beauty. 

As we approached the lake that evening, everything was calm and quiet for a summer evening in anticipation of the pending Fourth of July celebration. 

When we drove around to the north end of the lake it was a moment I was hoping for.  I told Patrina, let’s stop here!  The water was calm, the clouds were just hanging over the lake.   What more can you ask for?  The colors were spectacular and we were getting a show put on by God!

Patrina said, do you hear that?......... The sound of the meadowlark and the cicadas in the background.  How could you not hear it? Wow what a place!  There is no place like home!

Composition of this shot was important, as I wanted the rocks and the downed tree in the foreground to bring the viewer into the panorama of the scene.  This was a five shot pano that was blended in to my Adobe Lightroom program.


When everything comes together you have rare Moments like this that Matter!  I hope you enjoy the Moments, as Moments do Matter!








Visit the website, www.ibishawkimages.com

Comments

Popular Posts